Author Topic: 'ndsinfo.dat' up to '5093 - ThinkSMART Kids 8+ - Power up your Brain! (USA)'  (Read 79074 times)

Offline blastar

• Established Member
  • Props: 16
    • View Profile
'ndsinfo.dat' up to '5093 - ThinkSMART Kids 8+ - Power up your Brain! (USA)'

compatible with old system software and EOS - replace ndsinfo.dat in 'scshell' folder (old system software) or in '_dsone' (EOS) with updated ndsinfo.dat!

this file does not fix any AP!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 08:48:23 PM by blastar »

Offline jmr

• Administrator
  • Props: 77
    • View Profile
Re: [Release] Unofficial Supercard 'ndsinfo.dat' Editor
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 03:27:09 PM »
well done pal now i can stop updating the ndsinfo.dat thanks

Offline anuarbin

• Established Member
  • Props: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 05:56:14 PM »
Thanks! Why Supercard team didnt do this themselves is beyond me >:(.Can somebody upload the file here? :smitten:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 05:59:15 PM by anuarbin »
yo cin

Offline Solarpolitiks

• Established Member
  • Props: 0
  • Lets Have Some Fun In The Sun!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 06:23:37 PM »
Sweet I'll be getting this. Thanks man.

Offline Kijof

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 08:50:02 PM »
Thanks! Now I'll try to update the dat too!  :D

Offline anon

• Props: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 11:53:21 PM »
Hi blaster,
Great application! :D
Can I ask you to take a look at this list?
This is a list based on the ADVANsCEne_NDS_S.xml one, but with Chinese names too. Since the ndsinfo.dat (and also your program) has also the Chinese titles info into it, I think it's better to use this one to make the compare.

The only problem is that with this list the <title> field is the Chinese name, and the <comment> field is the English name.

I don't know if I found a bug or what in your program, but if I use the Chinese list to make the compare, the only alert message it gives me is for Hotel Dusk (I have a list of only 100 games). With Hotel Dusk it tells me that the Save Size and the ROM name are wrong (but the Hotel Dusk Save size is correct, 2Mb, but it reads the wrong item, in fact the name it uses to compare with the one in the dat is different from the Chinese one for the game Hotel Dusk)
In my opinion if your application does a compare with the title field, it should give me an alert for every item in the list (since the list I used has Chinese names in the title field)

I hope you can add this list format to the compare section (just compare the Chinese name in the dat with the title field, and the English name in the dat with the comment field), and check the other issue in the compare routine (with the ADVANsCEne list it gives me no alert messages, but I don't know if it's because the titles and save sizes are the same, or because it has a bug)

Thank you again

P.S.
I used this program (scdsie_beta.rar beta 6) to create my list ;)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 11:57:30 PM by anon »

Offline crbenne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 12:54:33 AM »
First, thanks blastar for a great little program. I came to SCdev to find out how to edit my ndsinfo.dat, and look what I found!!

One feature I would love to see, is automatic building of the ndsinfo.dat from ROMs in a directory. That way, I could point the program to the directory on my card where I have my games, and it can build the ndsinfo.dat from those, using the Advanscene XML file.

I think the NDS files would have to be named a certain way so the program knows which data to use, so the files have to have the release number as the first four characters, or it would have to do a CRC check like NdsCRC does.

OR, if that's too difficult to pull off, it would at least be cool if I can add multiple games at once, either by browsing or using drag n drop.

But, manually adding games and entering the release number is not too much hassle, especially since I don't keep too many games on my card anyway.

Thanks again for the awesome software, hope to see some cool stuff in future versions!

Offline myBlue

• Established Member
  • "DS One SDHC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 07:23:44 AM »
errr....

how can I get the advanscene.xml you guys are talking about?
I've search the advanscene.com but no clue :(
Spec :
Supercard DS One SDHC SP5 (2 GB memory)
Supercard Lite latest fw (1 GB memory)

Offline superuser

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 09:56:50 AM »
Thanks Blastar,
It's a really usefull and efficient program.
I've just used it to compare the 3535-ndsinfo.dat with advanscene xml, and it found at least 30 wrong save size and 2 wrong titles.
By the way: where is the truth: advanscene or 3535-ndsinfo.dat ?

Also agree with Crbenne about his wishlist. Would be great to have a way to scan an entire dir/subdir with nds roms, automaticaly get infos of CRC and number from nds files, add names, serial, savesize from advanscene xml, and check/compare serial with nds files.

If an official/complete ndsinfo.dat is no more uploaded, just imagine new supercard users, in a few months... with hundreds of updates to do manually...  Would be a pity.  Automatic building is probably the only way to keep on using ndsinfo.dat.

Not a programmer myself, but if I can help.
Regards

Offline blastar

• Established Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 03:23:26 PM »
thank for feedback!  :)

@anon:
- the 'compare-feature' is hardcoded to 'ADVANsCEne_NDS.xml', because of the different tags it will not work with other XML's:
ADVANsCEne_NDS.xml -> <comment>
ADVANsCEne_NDS_S.xml -> <releaseNumber>
NdsBbs_OL.xml -> <releaseNumber>
but i will add a feature to choose what XML you want to compare (for chinese titles too)
- the 'problem' with 'Hotel Dusk' is a smal bug... :( i will fix it...

@crbenne:
- your are right, it's possible to built a 'ndsinfo.dat' from a directory or by drag'and'drop but you will not get the correct release-numbers and the cheats (provided by SCDEV oder SUPERCARD) will not work... but i will add a similar feature!

@myBlue:
- www.advanscene.com -> Dats -> ADVANsCEne_NDS.zip

@superuser:
- if you compare 'advanscene.xml' with my provided '3535-ndsinfo.dat' there are many 'differences'
the too 'wrong' english titles you found are correct, it's because of the loooooooong title to prevent duplicate engltitles -> both named 'Pachi-Slot Kouryaku Serie'... thats bad!
# 2040: Pachi-Slot Kouryaku Series DS Vol. 1 - Shinseiki Evangelion - Magokoro o, Kimi ni -> 'Shinseiki Evangelion - Ma' (ndsinfo.dat)
# 2363: Pachi-Slot Kouryaku Series DS Vol. 2 - Shinseiki Evangelion - Shito, Futatabi ->  'Shinseiki Evangelion - Sh' (ndsinfo.dat)
- i'm not sure the about different save-sizes but '3535-ndsinfo.dat' based on JMR's work... feel free to use what ever you want! 8)

Offline anon

• Props: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 10:19:23 PM »
Thank you very much blastar for the fast and positive reply
I'll wait for an update from you ;)

Offline Dudu.exe

• Guru
  • Props: 30
  • Dudu.exe Old-Style
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2009, 04:03:06 AM »
well done pal now i can stop updating the ndsinfo.dat thanks
o gosh, now who whould support my lazyness?

Offline marcelolimasouza

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2009, 04:12:56 PM »
Blastar, Great tool.

I'm having some problems here. First of all, i picked up the ndsinfo.dat you provided and compared it with advanscene_nds.xml, and too many different save sizes were found. Watching at the home page, i see that the number 3517, GTA Chinatown Wars (US) have a 64kb Save File and 1024Mb rom size, but in the ndsinfo.dat he has a 1Mb Save File, which caused black screen freeze in my flashcard.

Besides that, i decided to take the last unnoficial ndsinfo.dat provided by jmr and add all the new titles manually with your tool, but i stucked when it asks me for chk16. I can't download every released new rom to make the checksum. How we gonna do to update the file with a full, complete release list? Is there any homepage with this information where i can look for?

Offline blastar

• Established Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2009, 07:14:27 PM »
@marcelolimasouza:
- there are many different savesizes if you compare the JMR's last ndsinfo.dat or the last SP5-ndsinfo.dat...
- sometimes advanscene is a bit slow, most sites reported 1mbit-save for gta with supercard... feel free to update in your ndsinfo.dat!
- there is no site where you can get the CHK16!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 07:16:50 PM by blastar »

Offline TheDSPlayer

• Always bet on The Duke
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2009, 09:45:09 PM »
How can I get the chinese name of a game?