News:

Welcome to the new SCdev forums!

Main Menu

DSBlue (A New Homebrew DS App)

Started by Wackedout1, September 20, 2006, 12:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wackedout1

I have been working on a new DS app for sometime now. (just learning how to program C and DS hardware)

It's called DSBlue.

It has a few built-in funtions that I think you all would like.
After "Swap Screen"

A few notres on use:
this app supports a flip screen type interface (sorry cant think of a better way to say it), but what it does is allow you to swap screens without swaping out the main uitls for each screen. (i.e. Clock, Inet Activity, Curr AP, and the DS Owner name)

Also to return to the "Home" screen press the "Home" bar on the touch screen window. (Red bar at the top)

There is now a "system.ini" file in the "DATA" folder that allows you to setup up your own Network information.

Also be sure to look at the Readme.txt because it outlines most everything.

Wifi Modules
AP Finder (used to find and connect to a local AP)
Packet Spy (used to view data floating in the air, no recording and locks up every now and again)
Port Scan (can scan for open ports on a certian IP)

Shoutcast (does not work really, but the code should help others)
Its needs to be changed from using the sync method of libmad, to a frame based version.
Has support for multiple list (hardcoded at the moment  :( )

Scratch Pad (will be removed)
was going to be a simple notepad, but the Calendar should take its place.

Remote Desktop (still a little buggy)
It allows you to connect to a PC (running the server program I made)

Calendar
It allows you to view a calendar and enter in text for a certain day. (this will sync with the PC app soon)

Config
Just pretty much Wifi Settings.

Desktop Sync
Used to sync up information between your DS and PC (mainly for the calendar at the moment, but will also include other settings)

OK here it is...
http://allwackedout.no-ip.com:2327/home/files/nds/DSBlue.rar (4MB)

The main reason for this release is more for Develpoers who are having problems to see how I got around them. This is no means the best way to do things, but hopefully it will help a few out.

Some Notes:
This is more of a learning tool than a real project, so there are bugs.
A Main one is when connecting to an AP you must use the "Connect" button twice (think its a problem with the WIFI Lib)

Shoutcast does not work. It will read station info, but playing has been removed till i can figure out how to use libmad right.

Also the best way to use this, is by compiling the source if you want to change anything. (uses the latest Wifi Lib, and devkitpro r19)

To use the server program there should be a folder called "VB6" just run "DSServer100.exe" if you dont have VB6 (or missing DLLs). (If you do than the "Server App" folder holds the source.)

Note: with the "Remote Desktop" and "Sync" just must Stop and Re-"listen" to connect back. It was kinda thrown together.
Note2: the Develpoer tab is used to create graphics (using my own format) and creat code to use it, cause im lazy ;)

Jabba

this looks kool, im gonna try it out.

DeVS

Wow very nice looking. I look forward to a release and trying it out. Welcome to scdev.org, hope you enjoy your stay!
Laugh Hard, It's A Long Ways To The Bank

memyselfandi

That looks nice! and what would you be able to do with the remote desktop thing?like, can you see what you have on the screen on something? thx.
 am The Best and you Know it!!!

bitblt

That looks great.  Looking forward to a release.

rorix_bladewing5

Very professional looking with the windows icons and stuff.  Any approximate release date?

Wackedout1

OK I updated the first post with a download link, and some more information.

As I said this is mainly for the source so it might help.  

Feel free to give me any ideas, or bugs you find.
This is project will be worked on, so it should improve in time.

Kudaku

when i try to run the DSserver i get the message "Component "mscal.ocx" or one of its dependencies not registered or missing"

good app btw

Wackedout1

Ok sorry I thought it was a stanadard ocx file. There is now a "Install DSServer" folder with a setup.exe that should fix it.

Kudaku

michaelarth

rorix_bladewing5

Hey, i think you should edit the post.  It says it's called DSBlue but then afterwards it says it has no name... :)

bitblt

Quote from: "Wackedout1"OK I updated the first post with a download link, and some more information.

Excellent. I'm going to check this out later this evening.

UPDATE:
Nice work. Well, besides having a few bugs and being finicky, your app is impressive. The DHCP doesn't work so I keep having to change 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.10.1 for some reason.  I'm able to get the shoutcast module to download about 10 seconds audio before it goes into loop.  I'm also able to download a snapshot of my desktop and scroll around the screen, with no apparent input though. The desktop synch idea seems like an interesting concept. Scratch Pad needs help. How about a remote file server module that downloads and executes homebrew and/or plays MP3s? I look forward to a future release.

michaelarth

Wackedout1

michaelarth:
Quotecan this go on the internet?
What do you mean. It can connect to a Acess Point, and using the DSServer program it can control a PC, and Sync its calendar.

bitblt:
QuoteThe DHCP doesn't work so I keep having to change 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.10.1 for some reason
Hopefully that I added the ablity to attach a "system.ini" file, you should only have to setup your network connections once.
QuoteI'm able to get the shoutcast module to download about 10 seconds audio before it goes into loop
Thats why I need to find some code libmad source that uses it in ASYNC mode.
QuoteI'm also able to download a snapshot of my desktop and scroll around the screen, with no apparent input though.
I have included a readme that goes over how to use the Remote Desktop.

And as far as playing Mp3's and such. Its all in due time, but without fixing that libmad issue, there is not I can do.