Author Topic: Image viewer  (Read 1472 times)

Offline arialacejoe

• Props: 0
    • View Profile
Image viewer
« on: May 11, 2009, 05:36:23 AM »
Is there any .gba programs to view pictures on the super card mini SD?

the conversion software has an image converter, but it doesn't work with filmplay.gba

Thanks

Offline dantheman

• Global Moderator
  • Props: 41
    • MSN Messenger - DanTheManMS@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTheManMS
    • View Profile
    • Link Maze - my Zelda mini fangame
Re: Image viewer
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 07:47:01 AM »
You've got a few options.  First is "GBA JPEG Viewer" which will convert your photos to JPEGs and embed them in the *.gba rom file.  When doing this, before adding any files, I suggest going into the image options and setting it to use the higher resolution.  This way, all images you add can be zoomed in to a certain degree with the L+A button combination.

The disadvantage to GBA JPEG Viewer is the size restriction.  If you want to view manga for instance, or images with large aspect ratios, even the larger zoom-able size isn't enough for clear viewing.  If this is a problem for you, I suggest using Kuwanger's "Plugin2GBA" program so that you can use the "ps2jpg" Pogoshell plugin as a standalone rom.  This will basically attach the full-size JPEG images to the rom, which you can view in full size.  Very useful for comics for instance.  I can walk you through this process if you'd like, as it's not very newbie-friendly since it requires knowledge of the command-line.

Offline arialacejoe

• Props: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Image viewer
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 08:06:45 AM »
thanks a lot. I got it working.