News:

Welcome to the new SCdev forums!

Main Menu

Fix your NDS Lite after FlashMe faild.

Started by romman, May 07, 2006, 09:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

romman

Question:

1. Please help me Romman !!! , I did FlashMe to NDS Lite for my customer by using SC+SuperPass2, normally when FlashMe shut down at any percent, I can press " A + B + Select + Start " to turn on NDS Lite again to start FlashMe until 100% complete. But for now, I found 2 NDS Lite which cannot turn on again after press " A + B + Select + Start ", so, NDS Lite cannot use anymore because don't show anything on screen (still have green light power). Please help me ... (flashme.nds is in root directory of Mini SD)

Solution:
  There is a method. You can use a NDS Lite which had been flashme. Just like fix BIOS on PC motherboard.
Example:
   A mean a good NDS Lite which had been flashme.
   B mean a bad NDS Lite which had been flashme fail.

Step:
   1. Unplug the B.Bios from B. Unplug the A.Bios from A, and insert A.Bios to B.
   2. Open power of B. Run FlashMe program and waiting...
   3. Unplug the A.Bios from B, and insert B.Bios to B, keep power on.
   4. Press X B X B let FlashMe program continue.
   5. Yes. You fix the B.Bios now.

cory1492

So the BIOS chip in a NDSLite is socketed then? Weird...

Critical_Impact

What you do mean when you say unplug the bios?

darkuni

Is the BIOS really just that easy to remove?  Does anyone have pictures?  This could prove invaluable to the brickers...
hane R. Monroe,
Co-Host of Dual Screen Radio
My Hacking Page | My DS List

cory1492

Havent seen any pics posted of a Lite with the chips actually in it as of yet... its possible they put the bios in a socked, although I havent seen that in years in a battery powered device. Hopefully it is, and hopefully its not a super-rare impossible to get aftermarket flash chip... it'd be cheaper for people to buy a preflashed chip than to send their DS's across the country.

Edit:/ was just looking around gbadev and someone linked to an image showing the fuse that blows on the DSLites
http://www.yyjoy.com/yy/?p=605
That little metal box contains the wifi addon...

kyle_jc

so does this mean there is no soldering required because i have a bricked ds lite and i suck at soldering

nexxyz

Bricked my first DSL, watinig for the 2nd...if that worked (without soldering)...that would be awesome!!! :)
quot;It's a fool's prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."

bitblt

Great information. Thanks! Can someone please post a picture highlighting the bios?

(was that really Romman who posted?)

nexxyz

Quote from: "bitblt"(was that really Romman who posted?)

/me prays that it's not a fake

Blight

WTF!, Unplugging the bios while the system is powered!!!
eehhhmm, well I guess it's possible but not if it's a complete bios...
It's probably only the flash chip that's unplugged.

But still, this is awesome! you can just buy a new flash chip for a couple of bucks for your brick.

Bad news for bitblt however... It might stop his cinder block collection from growing :P

(also wondering if that was really Romman who posted)
\__/)
(o'.'o)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

nexxyz

As soon as I get my special screwdriver (hopefully tomorrow) I'll take a peek inside my DSL...

Or does anybody already have a unit open to see if there's any removable part in there?

Deadmon

Quote from: "bitblt"Great information. Thanks! Can someone please post a picture highlighting the bios?

(was that really Romman who posted?)

The real romman posted the same info inn the official SC forums >_>

Could it be?

nexxyz

Yeah, just saw it. Now if somebody could just confirm that the chip could be removed while the unit is powered and that it can be done without soldering, I'd sleep very very well tonight...

Blight

OMG that's sooo cool!
Can you confirm the chip is socketed?
(Meaning there's aother piece of plastic about the same size underneath that the chip plugs into.)
\__/)
(o'.'o)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

nexxyz

If...I...just...had...my...three...sided....screwdriver....yet....gah!

I guess I'll have to wait until it's not Sunday night anymore...